Friday, November 05, 2004

Tom Friedman Spends too much time away from Home

He's buying part and parcel into the "it's all a religious right thing" interpretation.

Do these people live in the same world as me? Do they understand that terrorism, the economy, taxation, the role of international government, and character issues were all on the table as well? Why did I think these were the biggest issues during the campaign?


Isn't this the guy who talks about how no two countries with McDonald's have ever declared war on each other? Didn't he hear Kerry's protectionist trade rhetoric? Can't HE, of all people, understand how dangerous that is?

Look, I'm glad that Bush won, but I'm beginning to question if anyone understands what's really happening in the world. Apparently the biggest issue we have is gay marriage. How stupid of me to think otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home