Friday, March 17, 2006

City Councilman Mariano Guilty

Five to ten years in prison is a fair sentence. I'm sick of hearing about how nice a guy he his. So he smiles while he places the coercive power of government up for sale. Doesn't make me feel any better about it. In fact, I think I'd rather he acted like the extortionist that he is.

Bottom line? $30,000 worth of bribes to arrange deals worth $700,000 of confiscated dollars. Enjoy your stay in the big house. And for all the folks who were talking about how great a guy you are? I'll judge them by the company they keep.

Inquirer blog here

Including a link to
the anonymous letter that started it all written by one Maggie Greer, bookkeeper for the Steel company involved. If anyone knows her, thank her for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a uneducated idiot.. judge me..judge yourself first you asshole.

4:37 PM  
Blogger soulpole66 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:57 PM  
Blogger soulpole66 said...

if this IS councilman mariano... and, I figure few others care enough to comment as such...

here's the deal - you put yourself out as a politician, you accepted a public trust, you assumed the power of law, which implies the ability to use force on another.

i have done no such thing. therefore, i don't have to profess to be an angel to have a right to be angry with those who abuse the ability to take money by force from my paycheck.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home